YouTube has become quite a powerhouse as shared video has become so popular in recent years. Is your business on YouTube. If not isn’t it time you did. Let’s look at why your business needs YouTube marketing.
Let’s start by looking at some statistics:
- 60 hours of video are uploaded every minute, or one hour of video is uploaded to YouTube every second.
- Over 4 billion videos are viewed a day
- Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month
- Over 3 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube
- More video is uploaded to YouTube in one month than the 3 major US networks created in 60 years
- In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views, or almost 140 views for every person on Earth
YouTube Press Statistics
Wow! As you can see from the statistics above YouTube is a giant presence on the Internet today. In part due to Google, the world’s leading search engine, owning YouTube since 2006 and creating a very beneficial relationship. It is estimated that by 2015 90% internet traffic will be video. Is your business taking advantage of video marketing?
Why your business needs YouTube Marketing
The relationship between YouTube and Google is a strong one and ranking a video high in YouTube will improve your ranking tremendously in Google’s search engine. Are you aware that the top listing in Google’s organic search results receives an average 46% of the clicks. Number two receives around 25% and number 3 13%. The rest share 16% and paid traffic only receives about 5% of the search engine’s visitors. What if you could make your listing stand out with a YouTube video thumbnail? How many more clicks do you think you would receive then?
Tips to success in YouTube Marketing
1) Be clear on the purpose of your video
- to increase visitors to your website?
- to capture a lead?
- to build awareness of your brand?
- to make a direct sale?
2) Follow the old marketing adage:
Tell them what you’re going to tell them. Then Tell them what you want to tell them. Then tell them what you’ve just told them. Repetition places true emphasis on your message.
3) Include a call to action:
What do you want your video’s viewers to do next? Subscribe to a list? Visit your website? buy something? Make it very clear what you want people to do after watching your video. buy 4000 hours youtube watch time