There are many who consider cooking ground sausages at home a very difficult task. However, here I will suggest you some easy recipes which can be made in minutes. Here we go…
Normally, sausage recipes are mostly ordered from fast food outlets and restaurants. But there are health concerns, and the homemade ground sausage has a totally different taste that family members and guests will definitely appreciate.
For various ground sausage preparations, you need to have the best meat grinder to make things easy and make the sausages taste better. A sausage is nothing but a perfect combination of ground meat, fat, salt, and flavorings at its core. Ground sausages can be served any item as a main course item. The following is the list of the top ground sausage recipes that you can make at home with ease.
1. Godfather Sunday Sausage
Sunday is generally the day for the social gathering and partying. This is a perfect item to have in your menu that will blow the mind of the guests.
You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil, one pound beef, half cup milk, bread crumbs, one large egg, grounded black pepper, minced Italian parsley, 4 cloves of finely minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of tomato pastes, chopped tomatoes, red wine, sugar, salt, and one pound of hot Italian sausages and cooked spaghetti.
How To Prepare
- First, you need to get the best meat grinder you have and grind the beef.
- Then take a large pot and add the olive oil and heat it over medium-high.
- Now, mix the ground beef with milk, bread crumbs, and egg. Add salt, pepper, parsley and half of garlic. Using your hands to mix well and form meatballs in the end.
- If the oil is hot, you need to fry the meatballs in such a way that it is brown on all sides. It should take 10 to 15 minutes and use a paper towel to absorb the oil once done.
- Again, take a large pot and heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add Italian sausages and make all the sides brown. It should take 5-7 minutes.
- You should already have the meatballs on the plate. You need to pour the sausage over them.
- Now, take a skillet and add some olive oil. Cook the remaining garlic on medium high for a minute. Add tomatoes and tomato paste and stir well. Pour it the sausage and meatballs and add wine and sugar as appropriate. Simmer for 20 minutes and then unload on a large bowl of spaghetti.
You can garnish with anything you want to enhance the taste.
2. Garlic Butter Sausage Subs
If you are looking for something that is very easy to cook and will take the least time for cooking, this is the one for you. It is delicious and a good time for breakfast or evening.
You need unsalted butter, 2 cloves of finely grated garlic, freshly chopped parsley, 4 sub rolls, kosher salt, olive oil, 1 pound of ground Italian sausage which you can grind with a meat grinder, 2 cups of marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and sliced basil leaves.
How To Prepare
- You need to preheat the oven to 450-degrees. Take a small bowl and add butter, garlic, parsley, and salt and mix them well.
- You need to cut or split the rolls lengthwise and place them on baking sheets. Spread the split side and fill in with the butter mixture. Now, bake them until they are golden which should take around 8 minutes.
- Then take a large skillet and add the ground sausage and cook. Stir occasionally, and it should take around 7 minutes to turn golden brown. Then add marinara sauce and stir 2 minutes.
- Now fill in the toasted rolls with the sausage mixture and top it with cheese. Send them back to the oven and keep them there until the cheeses melt. Serve with basil and get compliments.
If the guests are dropping in suddenly, this recipe can be your savior.
3. Breakfast Sausage Burger
Burgers are everyone’s favorite, and there is no fixed time for eating a burger. A burger with sausage is the next level, and this innovativeness will always be appreciated.
For the sauce, you need half cup mayonnaise, three tablespoons of ketchup, one tablespoon Dijon mustard, black pepper, and kosher salt. For the burger, you need one pound beef which you have to grind with the best meat grinder for best results. Then you need to have half pound Italian sausage, 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, canola oil and slices of sharp cheddar.
How To Prepare
- Take a small bowl and add the mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix it well and put it in the refrigerator while you prepare the burger. The sauce is ready.
- Afterwards, take a medium bowl and add the grounded beef, sausage, sauce, and garlic powder along with salt and pepper and start mixing well with hands.
- Once it is well mixed, make patties with them and place them in the baking sheet. Cover and put them in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Now, take a large skillet and heat to medium-high. Add one tablespoon of oil. Take out the burgers and cook for three minutes. After that take out and put in the patty with cheese and cook for a minute and then transfer the burgers to a plate.
- Then split the buns and spread both sides with sauce. Put the cheeseburgers over the bottom half and then add fried eggs, bacon piece, tomato, lettuce and other salad items you want to and then cover it up with the bun.
It may seem slightly difficult that most of the burgers you might have prepared at home but once you get used to it, it is a cakewalk, and you can impress your guests with these delightful and different than usual burgers.
4. Sausage With Grilled Onion Chowchow
Chow-chow is known for transforming the taste of the dishes, and with that, you are getting charred onions with the smoky flavor. This is a powerful combination that will explode in your mouth.
You need sliced onions, two jalapenos, olive oil, half cup cider vinegar, ¼ cup brown sugar and grainy mustard, ¼ teaspoon of caraway seeds and turmeric, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, grounded pepper and a couple of pounds of sausages.
How To Prepare
- Take a toothpick and skewer each onion slice followed by jalapenos and brush with olive oil and grill over until charred. It should like 10 minutes and then peel and chop the jalapenos.
- Add all the other ingredients except sausage and put the onion and jalapenos and cook over moderate heat. Stir frequently and let the liquid reduce for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Grill the sausages over the medium-high fire and serve it with grilled onion chowchow.
5. Sausage Potato Puffs
If you want to impress the guests to your party with a stunning appetizer, this is the one for you.
You need one pound potato and Italian sausage, half cup butter, 1 cup flour, few eggs, shredded cheese, finely chopped thyme, and rosemary, and ground pepper and salt.
How To Prepare
- Take a saucepan and simmer the potatoes in water to make them tender. Peel and mash the potatoes thereafter. Cook the sausage on a skillet until brown.
- Put water, butter, and salt to the saucepan and bring it to boil. Add flour and stir wildly and then cook the dough over moderately high heat.
- Blend the dough with an electric mixer by adding eggs one by one. Then put in the cheese, thyme, rosemary, and pepper. Then you got to stir in the sausage and mashed potatoes.
- Take the muffin cups and fill in with the above dough. Brush it with egg wash and bake for 20 minutes. It should be puffed and golden. Then serve slightly hot for the best taste.
The ground sausage recipes are not that difficult once you get used to them. In fact, you can easily serve them to your guests, and they will think that they are ordered. You need to get the best meat grinder to get the best output. If the meat part is not right, the sausage preparation will not be successful.